Thursday, March 5, 2009

Closure

From PC's comments, posted here:

"Grant was not ordered to do anything by the prosecution, judge or anyone after his testimony.

My flight home was not scheduled until Wednesday afternoon.

I wanted to hear some of the testimony before I had to leave. I'm done trying to defend myself in all this. My testimony was clear. The truth was told and the objective was accomplished.

We knew what we needed to establish and every counter by the defense was fully anticipated and answered with the proper reply.

Upon completion of both mine and Sean's testimony along with the over 7 hours of taped conversations, both sides were in agreement (without repeating their exact words) that our part in this case was the MOST VITAL KEY for this entire case!

Our cooperation in this case, along with the sting operation provided the glue that hold it all together, period! That has been conveyed to both me and Brent, over and over and over again by every member of the investigation and prosecution team since April 28, 2007.

Bryan's father, Michael Kocis and Sam Hall (the attorney who conducted the mediation in Vegas and was also a close friend of Bryan's) both personally and sincerely thanked me for our cooperation and great sacrifice we've endured over the past two years! With hand shakes I thanked them and expressed our sincerest condolences and we wouldn't have considered anything less! Truth and justice, no matter how slow the wheels may turn...

>Grant"
Update: Hmm.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

how cynical can that man be? he gave Bryan's father his condolences after wishing his son was dead? whoa!

will g said...

How very disappointed some people are going to be that the Kocis family has buried the hatchet with Grant and Sean. How nice it is to see the family finally acknowledge the crucial role the two of them have played in seeking justice for Bryan's murder. How good it would be, before this saga finally draws to a close, to see certain bloggers swallow their pride, behave like adults, and admit they too were wrong about them and apologize for the libelous and unfounded accusations that have been leveled against Sean and Grant for two years now

A girl can dream.

DeWayne In San Diego said...

Will good comment and I agree wholeheartedly...

Sweet Dreams girl ;)

jim said...

See Update.

If true, it's a good thing. If I am interpreting this correctly, he has broken free, free now of the cycle of hate that has kept him chained to his keyboard for what, five years now?

Freedom is a good thing. I am happy for him. I wish him a long and happy life.

will g said...

Re your comment on the update:

AMEN!!!

Anonymous said...

What Grant said is powerful closure material no doubt.
Basically removes all doubt of involvement by them-
we knew they were not involved -
some did not!
Good for you Grant - you two have been through hell.
I hope you can enjoy your life beyond this now.

Rob said...

Anonymous writes, concerning Grant Roy, "how cynical can that man be? he gave Bryan's father his condolences after wishing his son was dead? whoa!"

Interesting mischaracterization of Grant's testimony at trial.

A bit of parsing: Lowercase in place of obvious uppercase lettering being required. That is mighty familiar. The tone is snarky as well.

Anonymous said...

Regarding update-

Sayonarra,
Arrivederci,
Au Revoir,
Tot Ziens,
Auf Wiedersehen,
Adios,
Ha Det,
Adeus,
Nakemiin,
Good Bye,


And GLAD TO SEE YOU GO!

Grant said...

I told the prosecution (When I say prosecution, I'm encompassing everyone involved at all levels that I come to professionally respect and personally connect beyond this case) that since my arrival in PA on the 23rd. I have not slept better in probably more than two years. With getting the fullest and most vibrant, dreamed filled night of sleep on Tuesday night!

I've dreamed very little if at all since the civil litigation started. I honestly can't remember? Well, I'm dreaming at night like I haven't dreamed in years... and it feels great!

>Grant

Rob said...

VJ I second that emotion.