Monday, November 19, 2007

Silent Whisperings

Since I've started my own blog, I've begun to get requests via the comments feature to open direct private email communication with someone; or just for-my-eyes-only comments, not to be posted.

My thoughts on the former are, that since I have given Elm and Jakester such a hard time for opening direct private communication with the participants, it would be hypocritical of me to start dabbling in the same sort of thing.

So, what is happening is, I'm not responding at all to these requests for direct email powwows. I hope this is not being misinterpreted as rudeness. It's just that, if I'm gonna talk the talk, I'm gonna walk the walk. It's principles not rudeness.

Plus with all this IP tracing mania out there, I really don't want to be broadcasting my home town to email recipients...even those I trust. Which includes most everyone here, BTW. I've made the call early on to remain anonymous; I am going to strive to keep it that way (for now).

My thoughts on the latter are, well, if you want to whisper sweet nothings in my ear, and ask that they not be posted, ok fine. I'll read 'em, and respect your request not to post. But obviously I shouldn't reply.

As always, humbly at your service...jim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And no doubt you may have noticed how raggy and bitchy people can be when you dare to question their (take your pick:) integrity, logic, judgment, views.

DeWayne In San Diego said...
This comment has been removed by the author.