Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Elm-PC Kerfuffle

[This is a reponse to comment over on Elm's blog. Normally I'd post it there, but after seeing those horrific IM exchanges he had with PC, I think I'd rather post my thoughts here...]

Elm: "As to the "Threat" of having him arrested I did not make that threat I relayed it to him from the other party on the phone."
So, you did not act alone. You cooperated in delivering these threats with an accomplice:

RENEE VINCENT
2435 LAURENS RD
GREENVILLE, SC 29607

...who was on the other end of the phone at the time.

And lets see if I got the rest of this down correctly:

The police never did show up at PC's door; PC was never arrested or sued. Hence, you and Renee's threats were complete and total bullshit. Exactly as PC was telling you. Your bluff was called. You and Renee lost.

And on top of that, your hollow threats were for nothing. PC's post in no way interfered with the judge transferring a siezed worthless house back from Virginia.

AND ON TOP OF THAT the house was indeed worthless, as PC said. And you and Renee were wrong, again...there was NO equity in that house. It has been lowered in price several times, and is now selling upside down for less than the value of the mortgages.

AND I BELIEVE this sums up the whole incident...have I missed anything? I don't think so...

Oh yeah, Elm finishes by issuing another not-so-veiled threat:

"There are other conversations that I had with PC as well and in them he reveals his source for all of the information that he got about the case. Maybe he will post that one too."
However, given you and Renee's track record for threats, I'm not sure that is going to turn out to be either an effective or wise move on your parts at this juncture.


Update: It just occured to me it might be helpful to post a link to the original PC blog post which was the subject of those IMs. Here it is:

http://handjtrial.blogspot.com/2007/07/new-info-no-blessing-in-sight.html

This is the blog post, back on July 25, 2007, that caused Elm and Renee's heads to spin 360 degrees, projectile vomiting in all directions...


Update 2: You know, it's interesting; I ran across an article the other day, about the nationwide trend of lenders refusing to foreclose on houses that are in arrears on their mortgages:

"Consider this troubling question: Do mortgage lenders have any obligation to take over a property that has defaulted on its mortgage?

The short answer, it appears, is no..."
The reason this question is troubling (to defaulting homeowners, that is) is because by keeping the property in a state of limbo and NOT foreclosing, the lender saddles the defaulters with property taxes and maintenence costs while the real estate market remains in a long-lasting state of free fall (which is precisely the case today).

And it occurs to me, Stratum Court may be a TEXTBOOK EXAMPLE of the phenominon this article is describing! Despite months of default, the lender has made no effort to forclose; it's really THAT much of a white elephant at this point.

In fact, if Stratum Court is indeed on it's way to becoming part of a "new universe of abandoned suburban slums" as per this article, the irony of it all is particularly ticklish...the property taxes will continue to be assesed, and eventually, Virginia could conceivably re-sieze the property from Harlow and Joe...this time for unpaid taxes!

If this was Renee's idea of a "blessing" I'd hate to see what a curse looks like...LOL!


Update 3: We all may end up dying from exhaustion as a result of all this.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I am always looking for motivation-
I do not understand Elms motivation in this -
Is it Harlow? I mean like some weird infatuation and he is one day going to cash in on a "dick credit" - "ass credit"?? or something???
I don't mean to be crass I just do not understand this?!

jim said...

V.J. I am stumped on this as well.

Elm staked out an early opinion on Harlow being framed prior to the arrest, so, a certain stubborn pride...wishful thinking in being vindicated in the end...is the only answer I can come up with.

However, I PERSONALLY am by my own admission a stubborn, prideful person to some degree (LOL...betcha no one will challenge this!), and if I were in Elm's shoes...I woulda cut my losses MONTHS ago!

So, yeah, I just don't get it either. I'm like: ???

PC said...

I've been stumped at the whole Elm issue with this trial. There must be something that's making him be so pro-innocent (and I think I know what it is).

Anonymous said...

PC,
What is it?
Can you tell us??

Jared J said...

Complicity

Accessory after the fact

Receiving Stolen property

Witness Tampering

Obstruction of Justice

All Speculation? Perhaps

If I were writing an Affidavit those are the charges that come to mind.

jim said...

I can see all of those except perhaps the "Receiving Stolen Property" charge...what would that be based on???

elmysterio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Geoff Harvard said...

What responsible lender would give that kind of money to persons whose only income was from a criminal enterprize?

Of course, the mortgage originators are not on the hook, because they immediately spun it off to the secondary market, where it was bundled with thousands of other such loans and securitized. The Federal Reserve just agreed to guarantee $30 billion in such bonds held by the former Bear Stearns to get another firm to hold on to them like a hot potato.

Rob said...

Jim--

Something pilfered from Kocis' place.

Unknown said...

"I do not understand Elms motivation in this"

I think V.J. that there are probably more than one and probably many motivations in all of this for many who have put themselves in the middle of this from a reporting standpoint.

I'll suggest that ego was certainly one of them for some who have covered this from the beginning. For some, it was more of a factor than for others, and, SOME, handled it much better than others ended up doing so.

The need to be right and the need to be in the "know" (in the public's eye) is probably another.

Some people will go to their deaths proclaiming their innocence about a crime of which they committed or that they were right about something when, in fact, they probably could not have more guilty or more wrong about it.

Some people are just like that sometimes. Admitting publicly, that they are flawed human beings, after they have publicly proclaimed Self-grandiose status for themselves is beyond their ability and grasp.

I used to read elms blog fairly regularly as a new kid on the block, until the content seemed to get so challenging and difficult to believe at times. And trust me, I know a little bit about difficult and challenging content.

In the end, only Elm will have your answer V.J. but my guess is, if history is any indication, that Elm could be in the middle of a desert and see no sand, and, all the while be selling that desert property, as beach front property, over the phone to a perspective client who really wants to hear that there is beachfront property available.

Elm really wants you to believe what he believes, which of course sometimes, is exactly what somebody else wants him to believe to complete the illusion.

jim said...

"elmysterio said...
Ask Scott Alleman about it."

Well, for those at home wondering about this, he is witness #267 on the prosecution list, see here and here as well.

As you can see, he has not exactly been a secret.

Elm is this the attorney that did not get disbarred as a result of you and Renee's empty threats?

Geoff Harvard said...

Those afflicted with a boycrush on Harlow have a habit of attemting to threaten or intimidate fellow bloggers:

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4606550431572976681&postID=7767520706943337008

Thus saith the Jakester:
"If you would like, I could also post your real name and address.
I have a copy of the receipt."

For those who don't feel like following the link, another blogger admits to posessing an Amazon delivery ticket sent to an accused murderer's cell and says he may publish the personal information of the sender.

In the highly unlikely event that anyone reading this is interested in my legal name, mailing address, and cell number as contained in the Amazon delivery ticket, just email me at the address in my profile.

jim said...

I've been threatened by "Jakester" too, Geoff. Apparantly, I top the list of those who "have to be exposed."

Threats and intimidation seem to be the modus operendi of the whole extended Cuadra-Kerekes crime family.

BB said...

come on, we all know who jakster is!

jim said...

Yeah, it's not too difficult to figure out, once you connect all the dots.

However, like I've said before...identity speculation does not interest me. I steer clear of it myself, and try to discourage it on this blog.

Anonymous said...

Elm DID make one huge contribution to the Kocis case. IMO - should be noted as it may very well be the only thing [in a positive way] that will make his blog memorable.
He did in fact author "The Times Of Yves Mignon"
Giving good ole Filet a really good smack on the head!
I took a little artistic license with the title. :)

DeWayne In San Diego said...

Oh God Jim That is a Scary NY times article,, I have recently come to the conclusion I need to "get out MORE" as well,,The reason I let the Sunday mashup lapse I was spending TOO MANY Beautiful weekends indoors!

Anonymous said...

Update 3 is seriously scary.
I know your minds are always going and it has to affect your lives.
I hope you guys are taking care of yourselves and not letting it get the best of you!!
Take breaks when you can and when you have to -
I could not do what you do!
Appreciate you guys alot too!

BB said...

jim, understood. speculation is not a good thing at this point in this saga. so many facts have come to light that have dispelled much previous speculation, they will continue to do so with time.

Unknown said...

I don't know about the dying part, but the rest of the article is very, very true.

One of the problems is that the minute your blog post gets read, it's old news.

Unless it's supported then with interesting follow up comments, people just wait for the next installment, probably through rss or atom feeds so they don't have to even click on your site until its been updated again.

We are now hungry consumers of the electronically written word, and like newspapers, which get discarded at the end of a bus or train ride going to or from work, unless there's a good reason to hang on to it, it's obsolete and forgotten.

It takes a lot of time to produce quality work. Ask PC. The BBT's must have been a bear to accomplish. Add slow connections, isp down time, understanding new interfaces and software to produce a good blog and trust me, it can be a 24/7 world for yourself.

You're always thinking about your next post. Will it be as interesting and as good as your last? Will it connect?

Blogging has changed everything. Just look at this.

The deeper story here is the way we all receive news. Major local TV affiliates are slashing staff and reporters. It's just our brave new world and the once again "got caught looking and waiting" mentality which has put these once huge profit centers now into jeopardy.

Yet we blog on. Sometimes into the middle of the wee hours of the morning. Blogging can be like what was once said about running and jogging. HIGHLY ADDICTIVE.

There's a certain thrill about turning out a good piece that connects and resonates with people. The other side of that, again, is that once digested, your blog becomes old until the next publishing.

In a way, you're like that little hamster on that round hamster tread mill thingy in a hamster cage. Always going round and round and round. Spitting out blog entry after blog entry.

It is addicting. It can be exhilarating and it is most certainly, at times, a lot of work, mostly but not always gone unappreciated by the casual blog reader.

Yet many go on and for good reason. This is our time. These are our times. For the good and the bad. What better way to spend a "quiet news day" other than blogging about it? LOL

Sometimes, when you get rid of one blog, you go through terrible withdrawal and need to start another. Why, just click my name to see what I mean.....:-))

Unknown said...

Here's more about the struggling newspaper business for those interested

jim said...

"Sometimes, when you get rid of one blog, you go through terrible withdrawal and need to start another. Why, just click my name to see what I mean.....:-))"

Can't wait! :-)

Anonymous said...

bud foxx,
I can't wait too!!!!